After the long holiday, never ending tasks at work or family matters, it’s been almost a month or two, or even a year since you’ve hit the gym. You want to get back on track again, get in shape or just to get fit. The problem is, you’re feeling hard to start over again.
Here are some tips for you to climb back your gym’s treadmill after a long break:
1. Try to Commit for Thirty Days. Even just for a 20 minutes exercise, try to commit to take an exercise every day for a month. This will set your exercise habit, so at the end, you’ll find that it’s hard to skip your exercise even just for a day.
2. Make Your Exercise Fun. Feeling like your gym is not fun anymore? Find yourself a new program like yoga class or Zumba that can suit your tastes. You can also ask a friend or partner to join you for a gym class to keep it more fun and boost your commitment to build exercise habit.
3. Make It As a Ritual. Try to make your workout routine becomes persistent that it becomes a ritual. So by the time of day, you automatically start towards to grab your bag and heading out to the gym, no more random time for a workout.
4. Excersice = Stress Relief. Do you know that exercise is a great way to relieve stress since it can release endorphin which will improve your mood? Try your favorite workout whenever you’re feeling stressed or tired, and you’ll find that it is easy to do exercise even after a leave of absence.
5. Find a New Exercise Outfit. Same like the first time to work after a long days off, you may need a new pair of shoes or outfit to boost up your mood. Purchase a new sneaker, shirt or bodysuit for your first day hitting the gym, and you’ll get the excitement to wear for working out at the gym. Find your new sportswear at Central! We have Adidas By Stella Mccartney, Nike Shoes, Adidas Shoes, New Balance Shoes, and many more!